Belonging to the Capano family since the end of the 16th century, this palace was part of the huge heritage that passed to the heirs of Pietro Capano in 1845
It is therefore following this "general division" that the building became the property of Francesco Capano. It is in this palace that lived (1630-1706) Francesco Antonio Capano, an illustrious Galatinese man very close to the Archbishop otrantino Adarzo de Santander.
Today there is almost nothing left of the ancient palace. The external part of the current building has been entirely rebuilt in the nineteenth century and even more recent is the third and highest level of construction.